Real Talk: My 2017 New Year's Resolutions
New year new me, right? While I feel like it's so cliche to use that phrase, I strongly believe that a new year gives you the motivation to make important changes! It's exciting to think about all the possibilities that 2017 has to offer. I'm looking forward to making some necessary changes in both my personal life and professional life. For accountability sake, I've listed them out below!
1. Eat healthier, not diet- I'm not a dieter because I find it so hard to follow any diet plan and I love food too much. I strongly believe in all things in moderation! As long as I'm not eating bad every day of the week I should be able to enjoy a bowl of pasta or the occasional French fry. That being said, my goal is to eliminate most processed foods and incorporate fresher and cleaner meals into my daily routine. I love to cook so this doesn't seem so far fetched it's just about shopping smarter and reading labels!
2. Drink more water- I love water so this isn't so tough for me. Some days I get my recommended amount of water in and some days I don't. I just want to be more consistent about it!
3. Travel more- This is a huge one for me! I'm a homebody by nature and while I love to travel, I enjoy being home a little bit more! I've had the opportunity to travel overseas (England, France, & Amsterdam) but I haven't explored much of the US as much as I'd love to! My goal this year is to take mini trips to cities in the US more and discover cool parts of the country!
4. Save More- I think a lot of people can relate to this one! Saving money is so very important but also takes a lot of discipline. I like to think I'm great at budgeting and saving but I can always learn more!
5. Thrift and Vintage shop often- This blog is hugely based on my love for vintage and unfortunately in 2016 I didn't get the opportunity to really go out there and find some cool pieces as much as I wanted to. This year I plan on changing that and starting a new project that I hope you all will love! Stay tuned!
1. Set goals- Setting goals is something that I've never done for my professional life but something I know that I need to do. It's one thing to dream up ideas and it's another thing to execute them. I hope that by setting my intentions for the year and holding myself accountable, I can see them come to life!
2. Grow the blog- Growing a blog is a lot harder than a lot of people think it is. With the complete over saturation of blogs out there it's harder and harder to get your site seen by others. It's also just down right exhausting. I've really struggled with growth on Instagram in 2016 partly because I was unmotivated, I was focused on my wedding, and I just couldn't find the time. However, I really want to change that this year! I love my instagram fam and want to see it grow as I continue to grow personally and as blogger!
3. Start taking risks- I've always wanted to be an entrepreneur and own my own business. However, I'm not really into taking huge risks which is the complete opposite way of thinking from an entrepreneur. This year I want to just go for it! I've had ideas of business ventures that I've just put on the back burner for so long but I want to just take a leap of faith and see how they go!
4. Build a career that gets me excited-I've spoken about my career struggles on the blog before and It's still something that I've been working on improving! I know that it's in my hands to find a job or create one that gets me excited to get up every morning. Right now I work full time out of necessity but I'm looking forward to taking actionable steps to build a career that I'm passionate about.