5 Creative Ways to Document Your Baby’s First Year
Documenting your baby’s first year of life is something that a lot of moms aspire to do! I say aspire because sometimes you have all the best intentions in the world of keeping up with it and then life just happens. It’s not as easy as it seems but it’s definitely worth it when you look back and see how far your child has grown! I currently document Amira’s first year in a few different ways and they all have been fun to do. So for all my mamas and mamas to-be out there, I’ve listed 5 creative and easy ways to document your baby’s first year below!
- Baby book- This is the most traditional way of documenting your baby's first year! There are so many great baby books out there but I have to say this one from Artifact Uprising is the best! I absolutely love how modern this book is and the quality is amazing. There are simple prompts in this baby book that help guide you when it comes to what photos to share or what to actually write down!
- Journal + Mini polaroids - I've written in journals for years and I've always said I wanted to write one for each of my future children. I love the idea of Amira having something handwritten by me, directed to her, and filled with honest memories. So I write in this journal as often as I feel and I'll take a photo of us with our Instax Mini camera and paste it in the journal!
- Capture monthly photos in a creative series - I love the idea of creating a unique photo series for your baby's monthly photos. Yes it is a complete hassle to do sometimes but you'll look back and be SO GLAD you did it. There are so many products like blankets and blocks that make this so much easier or you can DIY your monthly images (like I did!).
- Use a unique hashtag on Instagram and print via Chatbooks- Amira has two hashtags on instagram #AmiraKate #AmiraMonthlies where I can see all of the photos I've posted or family has posted of her in one place! Chatbooks allows you to filter by hashtag and print all of the photos featured which is SO NICE! This way you don't have to hunt down all of the photos in your camera roll or bug your relatives.
- Set up an email account- I've heard of so many people doing this for their child and I think it's very sweet! Basically you set up an email account for your baby and send them emails periodically. It can be letters, pictures, videos, or just about anything you want to send! Eventually you'll have this digital diary of memories your child can look at when their older which I think is very smart. You can take this a step further and share your baby's email with family members so they can send him/her notes!
How are you documenting your baby’s first year? Leave a comment!