What's In My Diaper Bag
I remember googling "What to put in your diaper bag" right after we had Amira. I had no clue what I needed to carry except the obvious, diapers lol! Now almost 6 months in and through lots of trial and error, I now know what we need to pack into my Honest diaper backpack! As Amira continues to grow and develop this diaper bag will be much more jam packed. Until then, here is what we're putting in our diaper now!
My Diaper Bag Essentials:
The bag: This honest diaper backpack was given to me as a gift from a friend and it is AMAZING! It comes with a changing pad and has a cooler pack built in so you can store your bottles. I can't imagine carrying an actual diaper bag since it can get pretty heavy. I love the look of this bag and my husband never minds carrying it too!
- Diapers- This is the obvious diaper bag need! I always bring a lot of diapers because you never know when sh*t is going to happen.
- Toys / Teether- Amira literally chomps on EVERYTHING these days so I always have a few teething friendly toys with me at all times.
- Bibs- Because drool and spit up isn't cute on outfits.
- Wipes- I love these Seventh Generation Free & Clear wipes! I use them for changing, wiping her hands, and wiping her toys if she drops them (and I don't have easy access to hot water/ soap)!
- Extra Clothes- Blow outs happen and you definitely don't want to be without an extra change of clothes. I can't count how many times I've been out and having an extra outfit saved my life.
- Burp Cloths- I use burp cloths for the obvious reason but I also use them as a car seat cover or a nursing cover!
- Pacifier- Amira loves her Wubbanub pacifier and so do I! I never have to search the car for it if she drops it!
- Wallet- I no longer carry a purse (RIP) so my wallet is an obvious must.
- Wildbird Sling- I love baby wearing and so I carry my sling with me in case I need to have free hands or if Amira gets really fussy (It always calms her down).
- Blanket- We use a baby blanket to keep her warm on chilly days or for an impromptu play mat!
- Multi-purpose Ointment / Diaper Cream- I can't recommend this multi-purpose ointment from Burt's Bees enough! It's my favorite to use for diaper rashes or for dry winter skin!
- Baby Bottle / Expressed Breastmilk- We use the Kiinde Twist Breast Feeding system so we always bring a storage bag with expressed breastmilk with us and their easy click-in bottle system.
- Ziplock Bags- I like to carry gallon size ziplock bags for dirty diapers or to put dirty clothes in!
- Hand Sanitizer- ALWAYS!
- Formula Packets- Amira is exclusively breastfed but I carry formula in case of a serious emergency in which I can't breastfeed her (god forbid).
- Snacks for Mom / Dad- I usually throw in a few granola bars in case we get hungry while we're out and need a quick pick me up!
- Sound Machine- If we're visiting family and we need to nap Amira, we always carry a portable sound machine. I love this one!
- Water bottle
- Travel size lotion